Help Us Bring Back Shop Class
Take the President’s Challenge and Match Ed’s Gift of $1500
#Give2NBT and Support More Summer Camps in 2017
Since 1990, Nuts, Bolts & Thingamajigs (NBT), the Foundation of the Fabricators & Manufacturers Association (FMA) has awarded scholarships to students majoring in programs that lead to careers in manufacturing. Scholarships are awarded twice per year, in the Spring and in the Fall.
Scholarship Application periods:
Applications accepted for Fall Semester award:
Jan. 1 through March 31
Applications accepted for Spring Semester award:
July 1 through Sept. 30
NBT Manufacturing Summer Camps
Campers design and build a product experiencing the start to finish satisfaction of creating something they can show off with pride. Throughout the process, they learn how to do CAD design and operate various kinds of manufacturing machinery under the close supervision of expert manufacturing trainers.
They will also tour local manufacturing facilities learning what kinds of jobs exist, what skills and training are required, and how those businesses developed. They will have the opportunity to hear directly from local manufacturing company owners how they started their businesses, applying basic entrepreneurship principles to understand how a single product idea becomes a business.
Upcoming Events to be posted soon! Please check back!
Support the NBT Foundation
A gift to Nuts, Bolts and Thingamajigs, the Foundation of the Fabricators & Manufacturers Association, Intl. will support the future of manufacturing.
Through its manufacturing summer camps and scholarships, NBT is inspiring the next generation of manufacturers, inventors, and entrepreneurs.
How can you get involved with NBT?
- A company can sponsor the GOLF4MFG event or RUN4MFG event
- An individual can give a cash donation and have their company match the donation amount through their company’s employee matching program
- Apply for a scholarship and become a student member of the Fabricators & Manufacturers Association
- A teacher can host a summer manufacturing camp and have their school apply to become a Certified Education Center of FMA
- A group can host a fundraising event on behalf of NBT